Wanna be a SUPERHERO? Now is your chance!!!
Today’s post is something utterly and completely unrelated to me (how is that possible?? And THANK GOD!).
Today, I’m hoping you all will join me in helping a lovely young lady achieve her dream of going back to college so that she can get her degree and spend her life helping others. What better goal could a person have?
The wonderful Elizabeth Gunn is applying for a few scholarships to help fund her return to college and one of them is awarded based on popular vote through a website. What that means for you is that you can help her get the scholarship by clicking on a link and clicking a button. How cool is it that you can help someone change their life with two clicks of your mouse???
To vote for Liz and help her get her scholarship, click here. (Yep, I’m going to put this link all over the place in this post to make sure no one misses it!)
So that you can get to know Liz a little better, I asked her to share some things about herself. It’s great to know who you are helping and what kind of fun/crazy/awesome person they are.
Here are some fun things Liz shared with me about herself:
- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE to read. Anything I can get my hands on. I’m even excited to start reading my text book for my class that doesn’t start until tomorrow. I’ve read all seven of the Harry Potter novels more times than I care to admit, and I’ve had to replace several of my favorite novels from over use.
- I’m an animal lover, to the point that my boyfriend won’t let me go into a pet store when they’re having pet adoptions. We have a beautiful dog named Harley and a cat named Snickers, and I love them more than sense.
- I’m a voracious writer. Blogs, journals, novels, you name it, I’ve tried it. I’ve cranked out five bazillion word essays half asleep and gotten A’s on them, with a bit of editing after I was fully conscious of course.
- I am a caffeine addict. My lovely boyfriend absolutely refuses to speak to me in the morning until I’ve had my cup of coffee, and I have to have at least one soda during the day to be fit for public.
- I’m a fan of cheap wine. No, seriously. Up until about a month ago, I couldn’t stand the stuff, mostly because all I’ve ever had was the over priced nonsense that tastes like its been soaked with dirty gym socks. We went to visit my boyfriend’s family about a month ago, and his sister’s S.O turned me onto this one particular brand, and I’ve been drinking it ever since.
- When it comes to crafts, I’m about as useless as two left thumbs. I tried knitting and gave up, my mom never hung my craft projects on the fridge, and I’m not allowed anywhere near sewing needles, both for my safety and the safety of those around me.
- Four years ago, I met the most wonderful and patient man. He captured me, body and soul, and my driving passion behind going back to school is to be able to marry this man and start a family with him and provide the life for that family that I never had, one where we don’t have to choose between paying the electric bill and feeding our family.
- I have the most supportive family a girl could ever ask for, and its my driving passion in life to be the kind of mother my mom and sister’s are. They inspire me daily, and if I can be half the women they are, I will consider myself successful.
- When you read my essay, I mention that one of the biggest reasons I want to get into human resources is to help other people succeed. I meant that. Even when I was a self centered teenager, I would go out my way to help others, even if that meant sacrificing something of mine (time, money, etc) to help them. Now that I’m all grown up, I’d like to continue that by helping people in a real and tangible way, and what better way to do that than to help people help themselves?
To vote for Liz and help her get her scholarship, click here.
Isn’t she awesome???
Anyone that loves animals, reading, writing, her boyfriend, her family and helping others pretty much rules in my book! The fact that she likes cheap wine and is utterly incompetent when it comes to crafting just makes me love her even more.
You can learn more about Liz at her blog. Click here to give it a read.
To vote for Liz and help her get her scholarship, click here. Believe me, those two clicks will make you feel so good!! I know I felt great when I did it and it only took me about 4 seconds.
Thanks so much to all of you for helping her out in her wonderful journey! I know she appreciates it and I do too. Love you guys!!