Horrible news about another terrorist attack, this time in London again,
8 MINUTES OF TERROR
London Bridge attack – Three terrorists shot dead after shouting ‘this is for Allah’ as they killed seven and injured 48
THREE jihadis wearing fake suicide bomb vests struck at the heart of London last night by driving a van at 50mph into crowds on London Bridge and going on a stabbing spree before finally being shot dead by police.
In an attack lasting little over eight minutes, the terrorist gang screaming “this is for Allah”, killed seven and injured up to 48 people who were enjoying a summer’s evening in the centre of the capital.
Staff at a packed pub locked the doors and barricaded revellers inside as the armed gang tried to smash their way in shortly after 10.08pm.
The Met’s Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley has confirmed that all three of the depraved attackers were shot and killed within eight minutes of the first call to emergency services after brave cops rushed to protect the public.
Confirming the death toll had risen to seven this morning Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick praised the “extraordinary courage” of brave passers-by who stepped in to help those injured in last night’s atrocity.
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
A van ploughed through pedestrians on London Bridge just after 10pm on Saturday
Three men wearing fake bomb vests jumped out on the south end of the bridge at Borough Market and began knifing bystanders and pub-goers
- Staff at one pub barricaded the doors as the attackers tried storm the building before armed police arrived on the scene and the three terrorists were shot dead within eight minutes of the first 999 call
At least seven victims were killed and 48 people were injured. The injured were being treated across five London hospitals. One of the injured was a British Transport Police officer who was stabbed in the face
Theresa May chaired a Cobra emergency response meeting after the attack was confirmed to be terror before declaring ‘enough is enough’
Four controlled explosions were heard near The Sun’s offices in London Bridge between 1:20am and 1:50am
- Home Secretary Amber Rudd has confirmed that police believe they have “all the main perpetrators” and are confident they were radical Islamic terrorists
- Police Commissioner Cressida Dick praised the ‘extraordinary courage’ of by-standers
Police appealed for witnesses to send images and videos to help identify the attackers and piece together the chaos
The Met Police opened a casualty bureau for those concerned about family and friends who might have been caught up in the attacks. There are two numbers to call: 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197
- All the main political parties aside from UKIP have suspended campaigning today as Mrs May confirmed the election will go ahead
- One Love Manchester Concert will go ahead tonight as youngsters refuse to yet terrorists stop them attending
Commissioner Dick said: “Many, many people risked their own safety to help others and treat those seriously injured and to indeed confront the suspects involved.
“It’s clear to me the courage of those people during and following this attack was extraordinary.”
Following the third terrorist attack in three months Theresa May declared “enough is enough” and defiantly confirmed Thursday’s General Election will go ahead after chairing a Cobra meeting.
Shortly after Mrs May’s statement, Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed that police believe they have “all the main perpetrators” and are confident they were radical Islamic terrorists.
Whitehall officials have told the BBC it is too early to confirm if the attackers were “subjects of interest” known to MI5 or cops.
Armed police have reportedly made five arrests after swooping on a block of flats in Barking, east London this morning – although cops have yet to confirm if the action is connected to last night’s atrocity.
No terror group has claimed the attack, which comes after ISIS issued a chilling instruction to its followers to launch “all-out war” on the West to mark the start of Ramadan.
A picture taken outside the Wheatsheaf pub in Borough Market shows the three terrorists lying dead – after being gunned down by cops.
One of the twisted attackers was pictured wearing an Arsenal football strip from the 2011/12 season.
Witness Erick Siguenza told BBC News that one of the gang screamed “This is for Allah” as he went on a stabbing rampage in the busy central London streets.
The gang had metal canisters strapped to their chests which police chief Rowley confirmed were hoax suicide vests.
Following the rampage four explosions – confirmed as controlled blasts by the police – were heard outside The Sun offices near London Bridge between 1:23am and 1:49am.
One British Transport Police officer has been confirmed as a victim with cops saying he was stabbed in the face by the sick extremists – his injuries are not life-threatening.
Met police have confirmed that the attacks in London Bridge and Borough Market were “terror incidents”, with Amber Rudd adding that a connection to the Manchester Attack is unlikely but can not be ruled out.